Monday, August 15, 2011

My Brazilian Peel Experience

The other week Sephora was giving a special pack of samples to their V. I. B.'s (basically the Beauty Insiders that spend way more than they need to be), and I picked one up because it had this one sample, the Brazilian Peel. It just sounded so appealing, maybe because it's "Brazilian?" I don't know, but I ended up buying my $35 worth of product to get this and I tried it on Saturday. This won't be a full review because I believe you're supposed to use it for a month (4 treatments) to get full results, so I'll just talk about what happened and my first impression of this stuff.

I've hear glycolic acid has its benefits with acne, so I thought this would be nice to try, and the anti-aging properties weren't so bad either :) Also, since it's supposed to tighten skin, I thought it would be good for my rather large pores.

The product comes loaded into a syringe. One side contains all the good stuff: glycolic acid, and the other is a neutralizer so that the stuff doesn't go nuts on your face.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't ask me which side is which...I'm NOT a Chemistry major!

Here's my face before this process. I used my Clarisonic and cleansed with St Ive's Green Tea Cleanser, which contains Salacylic Acid.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My forehead has been breaking out a bit lately, but this is it up a little closer.

Photobucket
Here's my nose area. Big pores.

Photobucket
I heard that there's a lot of product, so putting some on your hands may be wise (to decrease waste).

So the instructions say to shoot the whole syringe into your palm:

Photobucket

Photobucket
It shoots out really nice...no waste!

Then you have to mix the two parts with your fingers until you feel a heating sensation, then apply it to your face, neck, wherever!

It's colorless, and just makes your face a bit shiny. I really thought this was going to make my face burn or irritated because of its high glycolic acid content, but it didn't. And I guess I just assumed that because some salacylic acid and benzoyl peroxide treatments leave my face like that, but I will have to go out on a limb and say the glycolic acid isn't like those guys? During my 10 minutes, my face really tightened up, not to the point where I couldn't talk or show emotion, but enough to notice. I washed it off with cool water and patted dry.


Photobucket
I think my face looks a bit smoother. Maybe like I have a primer on? Nothing too noticeable though.


Photobucket
Pores look a bit tighter.

Photobucket
Forgot to take a before pic of my chin :( But this is after...no real change...

Photobucket
My hand doesn't look any much younger either :( Well...I think my hands look pretty descent, so I don't think they could get any younger looking ;)

FINAL THOUGHTS

This treatment wasn't really bad, but it wasn't as great as I thought it was. Maybe it's because I'm not really that old, and in need of such a treatment, but the day after, I think oil production was lower than usual, and it was really hot and humid in my house. So, that was a plus! I am quite non-differentiated about this stuff.

I must admit, I really liked the packaging. Like I mentioned earlier, it was literally a no waste package, which is great, especially for the price you would have to pay (if it wasn't a sample). I am a sucker for packaging, and if all my acne treatments came packaged like this, I would be in heaven!

Would I pay $78 to see what a month of this would do? Not at this moment, but I may check out the acne treating version of this stuff in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment