Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bright Eyeliners: Which One to Choose?

So I noticed recently, there have been a few companies coming out with new liquid eyeliners in really bright, and sometimes sparkly colors. For a while the only time where you see colored eyeliners (besides black, brown, navy, and a darker purple) were usually pencil, kohl, and gel/cream formulas.

I like the idea, but I'm not completely sold that these will have to make it into my collection. I'm thinking of purchasing one, probably a sparkly purple, but some of them are so expensive that I don't know if it's too worth it.

Here's the ones that have been catching my eye (no pun intended).
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, $18
  • MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner (not to be confused with Aqua Eyes, their pencil liner), $23
  • Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, $22
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Long-Lasting Eye Liner, $10
Here's a picture of my swatching adventure at Sephora the other day:

Photobucket

I can't remember for sure what each color is, but I think it's something like this:
left column (top to bottom): MAKE UP FOR EVER (MUFE for short) 4, MUFE 6, MUFE 5
right column (top to bottom): MUFE 9, stila Royal, MUFE 8, MUFE 7

Of course it looks like the Sephora one would be the deal, but if I'm not mistaken, it's the smallest of the four. I can't tell you for sure unless I go in store because it doesn't list the amount on the website. The Urban Decay one to me looks like the deal, if any exists because it's a bit cheaper and seems like there's more product. I want to try it but the purple shade, Retrograde doesn't look as vibrant as Stila's Royal or MUFE's 8 and it wasn't available for me to swatch when I went to Sephora.

I have some contemplating to do, but once I pick one up, if any, I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment